Fall Out Boy to play at Universal Mardi Gras

Mardi Gras has come to Universal Studios in Orlando, and with it, a barrage of entertainment, food and music.

Universal Studio’s Mardi Gras began Feb. 6, and has since debuted an amazing line up of performances including a variety of artists such as Diana Ross and the Barenaked Ladies. Fall Out Boy will make an appearance Saturday, and the band will perform some of its most popular songs, which include “Centuries” and “Immortals.”

Forming in 2001 in the suburbs of Chicago, the band consists of lead guitarist, Joe Trohman; bassist and lyricist, Pete Wentz; lead vocalist, guitarist, pianist and composer, Patrick Stump; and drummer, Andy Hurley. The band produced one album, “Take This to Your Grave,” before it finally took off with its 2005 album “From Under the Cork Tree.” Since then, it has created four other albums, each popular in their own right.

The latest album, “American Beauty/American Psycho,” was released in January 2015 and includes 11 songs, including “Immortals,” which was recorded for the Big Hero 6 soundtrack in 2014.

Throughout its journey, Fall Out Boy has had the opportunity to collaborate with some of the biggest names in music, including Jay-Z, Travis McCoy, Elvis Costello, Big Sean and Elton John. The band’s songs have been used in a variety of works as well, from movie soundtracks to video games. But it wasn’t all smooth sailing.

In 2010, the band took a break, with each member dealing with his own personal struggles. During this time, each pursued individual musical careers, but with little to no success. Much to fans’ joy, however, the band reformed in 2013, announcing a reunion tour and a new album, “Save Rock and Roll.”

Fall Out Boy has won a variety of awards, including the American Music Awards’ Favorite Alternative Band in 2015, and the band’s popularity is continually growing.

“I’ve gotten to meet a lot of bands and the one thing I think is different about us is that we like each other and we like the people we work with,” Stump said in an interview with Alternative Press (AP) in 2014, after the band won the AP Skully award for Artist of the Year at the Alternative Press Music Awards. “I think that reads through to everything. One thing I notice when I see our audience is how cool they are to each other and how welcoming the community is.”

According to its website, Universal Studios will hold the concert, rain or shine, at 8:30 p.m. on the Music Plaza stage. The event is included with admission to the park, which is $105 for a single day. The Mardi Gras concerts and parades are also included with an Annual Pass.