Campus Rec Center remains in partial operation

The Campus Recreation Center will be in partial operation until the weight floor is deemed safe for patronage. ORACLE PHOTO/ADAM MATHIEU

After a water leak at the Campus Recreation Center on Wednesday caused the building to close early, the facility has been operating at half capacity. The weight floor remains closed “until further notice,” according to the Rec Center’s Facebook page.

Though the closure may disrupt workout routines, the basketball courts and multipurpose room on the cardio floor will be open for use. Additionally, the Argos Fitness Center will be open for students willing to walk the few extra steps. 

According to the post, “the Argos Fitness Center is open to mimic normal REC operating hours.” The Argos gym has dumbbells up to 60 lbs. and a selection of weight equipment.

Despite the Rec Center’s limited operations, the Magnolia Fitness Center, located near Juniper-Poplar, will maintain its regular operating hours. The facility has limited weight and cardio equipment.

While the Rec Center is not totally operational, it is still open, and will maintain its regular hours. Students are encouraged to continue to use the facility as best they can.

The Rec Center will continue to post updates on its social media pages as the situation progresses.