USF appoints VP of Student Affairs

Thomas Miller has been named vice president of Student Affairs after serving in the interim position since former vice president for Student Affairs Dee Siscoe left the university this summer.

Miller, who will also continue working with graduate and Ph.D. students in the College of Education, said he looks forward to working with those in Student Affairs and is looking to explore ways to support and collaborate with academic entities at the university as well.

In a press release, USF Provost Ralph Wilcox said USF was lucky to retain Miller in the position. Miller first joined USF in 2001 as Dean of Students and Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs.

“The Office of Student Affairs works in almost every corner of campus to ensure we provide all students with a positive experience and the developmental resources to optimize their future success,” Wilcox said in the press release.

The Office of Student Affairs, which includes several departments ranging from Housing and Residential Education to Campus Recreation to Multicultural Affairs, Miller said, supports many of USF’s student success initiatives.

The department, he said, is in a stable and secure position regarding funding due to the fact that most of the Office’s funding does not come from Educational and General (E&G) funds.