Bulls look for opportunity in two-game stretch

Coming off a 1-1 tie against Texas on the road Sunday, the USF women’s soccer team return home to play a four-game home stretch that starts this weekend.

The Bulls open the weekend playing the Clemson Tigers (1-0-1) on Friday at 6 p.m., and then play the Niagara Purple Eagles to close out the weekend Sunday at 1 p.m.

Another player to step up for the Bulls was sophomore goalkeepr Christiane Endler, who was named American Athletic Conference Keeper of the Week this week.

So far, through two games, Stokes leads the team in assists with two and tied with Olivia Chance with two goals.

Associate head coach Chris Brown said he looks at playing Clemson as an opportunity.

“We look at every game as an opportunity and some opportunites are bigger than others based on how the team is doing during the season,” Brown said on “The Denise Schilte-Brown Show” on GoUSFBulls.com. “Fortunately for us, Clemson had a couple good results already so that obviously makes the opportunity bigger for us.”

Clemson comes into Friday’s game with an identical record to USF after a 1-0 victory over Furman at home Sunday and a 0-0 tie in their season opener against Auburn on Friday.

Freshman midfielder Catrina Atanda scored the only goal for the Tigers in the game against Furman.

Niagara Purple Eagles enter the weekend losing 1-2 in both games against Youngstown State and Robert Morris over the weekend. The Purple Eagles will play Jacksonville University on Friday before facing USF.

Brown said the team is focusing on setting up its offense after facing what was one of its bigger tests this season.

“We found that very difficult to do in the first half against Texas because of their pressure and the fact they did cover a lot more ground than the players at Pine-Bluff,” Brown said. “I think they are more aware of it. Going forward, after playing a team as athletic as Texas, it’s going to be something we focus on moving forward.”