Bulls look to improve, coming off big win

Coming off of a dramatic comeback win over Toledo onSunday, the USF baseball team willcontinue their home stay in a two-game series against Boston College this week.

The Bulls (4-6) will take on the Eagles (2-7) tonight andWednesday at 7 p.m. at the USF Baseball Stadium.

USF Coach Lelo Prado said hes been disappointed with the starting pitching lately.

Totally disappointed the way our starting pitching (has) been, Prado said. The pitching has got to get a lot better. (Joey) Lovecchio, (Nick) Gonzalez, those guys got to pitch better.

Lovecchio pitched through one inning against Toledo on Sunday, giving up five hits, four runs and one walk where Gonzalez pitched through five innings, allowing five hits and three walks on Saturday.

Prado also said he feels his pitchers are not competing.

They got to compete, he said. Thats whatdisappoints me. I dont think theyre competing. Certain guys are doing it in certainsituations, but theyre notcompeting. The minute theystart competing, the minute theyll pitchbetter.

Through 10 games, USF starting pitching combine for an ERA of 2.99, but theirrecord is 3-6.

Right-handed pitcherMichael Clarkson will get the start on the mound. The sophomore earned his first win of the season against Central Florida last Tuesday,allowing one hit in fourscoreless innings in a 6-4 win.

USF is coming off of a home opening three-game series against Toledo, which the Bulls won two of the three games including adramatic comeback winin game three where the Bulls scored six runs in the final inning aftertrailing 8-3.

Junior outfielder James Ramsay hit a walk-off triple to give USF the victory.

Ramsay said the teambelieves in its abilities.

We have a great team. We have great confidence in our abilities and we try to keep that, Ramsay said.

The Eagles are coming into tonight after losing 7-6 againstGeorgia State on Sunday and the series. USF has won three of its last four games heading into tonights series with the Eagles.