Four albums to help keep sanity in voting lines

As part of the democratic process of voting, voters may find themselves waiting a seemingly endless amount of time in lines at the polls. With plenty of time to kill, why not discover some recently released music? Here are some fresh tunes to make waiting to cast that vote seem a little bit shorter.

1. Blak and Blu, by Gary Clark, Jr.
This name may sound new to a listener, but Gary Clark Jr. has been performing since 2004. The soulful blues singer from Texas takes advantage of a distorted guitar sound, sometimes reminiscent of Lenny Kravitz. His smooth voice proves versatile, as this album isnt solely one genre or reflective of any one generation. Listeners can get a taste of blues, R&B, hip-hop and rock throughout the 15-track album.

An early-morning voter could take advantage of this album to wake them up without causing a headache.

2. The Man With the Iron Fists
soundtrack, by various artists This album will certainly get listeners pumped to be part of a historic presidential election. Because this is a soundtrack, there is an eclectic compilation of artists that nearly everyone can find something to listen to. From Corinne Bailey Rae in a soulful Ella Fitzgerald-style
serenade to the lesser-known sound of Francis Yip, the 15-track album mirrors the tone of the film The Man With The Iron Fists.

3.New Horizons, by Flyleaf
Before vocalist Lacey Sturm left the band, Flyleaf pumped out 11 tracks on its latest album New Horizons.

With hints of its typical melodic rock, this album provides a poignant and aggressive finale to the bands
three-album run with Sturm. This album will be part of many playlists, as tracks like Great Love shows
the bands momentary turn to a pop-rock sound.

4. Red, by Taylor Swift
A complete departure from her country roots defines Taylor Swifts new album, Red. Bouncing between pop and a soft rock sound, the album features her specialty of love songs and break-up songs.

Despite criticism from the country music world, Swifts upbeat pop attempts in songs like Stay Stay
Stay are a light, bouncy sound to break up the tedium of waiting at the voting precinct.

——–

Whats on Obamas Playlist?
Different People – No Doubt
I Got You Wilco
Get To Get You Into My Life Earth, Wind, and Fire
Gimme Shelter – The Rolling Stones

Whats on Romneys Playlist?
Good Vibrations The Beach Boys
Somebody Told Me The Killers
Ring of Fire Johnny Cash
December 1963 (Oh What A Night) Frankie Vallie and The Four Seasons