Bulls host Villanova tonight

After topping Providence for the second time this season Saturday, the USF men’s basketball team gets another chance for a season sweep tonight when it hosts Villanova at the Tampa Bay Times Forum.

Villanova and Providence are two of three league opponents the Bulls play twice in the regular season. After going for the sweep tonight, USF can do the same with a trip to Pittsburgh on Sunday.

The Bulls (15-10, 8-4) outplayed the Wildcats (11-13, 4-8) in a decisive 74-57 win Jan. 5 at The Pavilion, easing to their most decisive Big East victory in program history.

Jawanza Poland matched his career high with 20 points and USF put together a dominant rebounding performance.

Villanova is the seventh-best rebounding team in the country, averaging 40.3 per game, but USF’s big front line controlled the glass throughout, outrebounding the Wildcats 36-18.

Coming into tonight’s game, the Bulls have outrebounded eight consecutive opponents, their longest such streak since the 1995-96 season.

Just like for USF’s win over the Panthers a week ago, USF Athletics and Student Government have teamed up to provide USF students with a free ride downtown for the game.

Two charter buses will depart from the Marshall Student Center at 5 p.m. and go to Hooters at Channelside, where riders will be given a free wings basket and USF T-shirt.

Tipoff on ESPN2 is set for 7 p.m.