USF to honor paralyzed Rutgers DT

USF players will wear a red and white “52” decal on their helmets during tonight’s game against Rutgers in support of Scarlet Knights’ junior defensive tackle Eric LeGrand, who was paralyzed below his neck from a spinal cord injury suffered during a game against Army on Oct. 16. LeGrand wore No. 52.

CB Mistral Raymond, C Sampson Genus and LB Jacquain Williams, the team’s season captains, have recorded personal messages (which will be shown on the Raymond James Stadium video board) in support of LeGrand, who remains hospitalized in New Jersey.

“When it’s something of that sort, in that manner, it goes far beyond (competition),” USF junior free safety Jerrell Young said last week. “We battle, but all in all, we’re brothers in the Big East.”

Rutgers has established the “Eric LeGrand Believe Fund” to support LeGrand and his family (ScarletKnights.com/Believe).

Men’s soccer standout honored

Hasani Sinclair has been named to the ESPN Academic All-District 3 men’s soccer team, the College Sports Information Directors of America announced Tuesday.

Sinclair boasts a 3.37 GPA at USF. The sophomore from Coral Springs is currently third on the team in scoring with seven points (two goals, three assists) in 16 games.

Football game time set

USF’s game at Louisville on Nov. 12 has been set for a noon kickoff and will be televised by ESPNU.