Men: Unbeaten streak moves to seven

USF freshman midfielder Leston Paul scored his first goal, and the Bulls pushed their unbeaten streak to seven games with a 1-1 draw at Cincinnati on Wednesday night.

Redshirt junior midfielder Bernardo Anor assisted Paul, who put the Bulls on the board in the ninth minute.

With the draw, the Bulls (11 points) remain in third place in the Big East Red division standings behind the Bearcats (13 points) and Louisville (15 points).

USF (8-2-4), which has played four of its past five games on the road, returns home to face Louisville on Saturday at 7:30 p.m.

The Bearcats’ goal marked the first time the Bulls have allowed one in their last seven matches.

Cincinnati outshot the Bulls 22 to 17, but USF managed 10 shots on goal to the Bearcats’ 6.

– Phil Neary

Women host two with postseason implications

The USF women’s soccer team (9-4-3) looks to finish the regular season on a high note with a potential postseason run looming.

The Bulls, tied for third in the Big East American division with Connecticut (both teams have 14 points), face St. John’s (6-8-1) on Friday at 7:30 p.m. and finish their regular season on Senior Day against Syracuse (6-7-5) on Sunday at 1 p.m.

The top five teams in each division qualify for the Big East tournament.

If both USF and UConn (8-6-3) remain tied after this weekend’s games, the Huskies would secure a tournament spot as the No. 3 seed because of a 3-0 victory over USF earlier this season.

The team will try to top the nine-win mark, which it also attained last season, for the first time in coach Denise Schilte-Brown’s tenure at USF.

– Ali Rames