Former Colorado RB says hes transferring to USF

Former Colorado running back Darrell Scott, ranked one of the top recruits in the nation coming out of high school in 2008, said that he is transferring to USF, according to a post on his Facebook page earlier this week.

“Just got a scholly peeps!!!! You’re looking at a Bull now,” Scott wrote. “USF, here I come, baby.”

Scott, who rivals.com ranked the No. 6 overall prospect in the country coming out of St. Bonaventure High School in California two years ago, failed to live up to expectations at Colorado, rushing for just 459 yards and a touchdown in an injury-plagued two seasons.

His high school coach, Todd Therrien, said Scott was looking for a clean slate after Scott informed the Buffaloes he would be transferring in November.

“When I talked to him a couple months ago, that’s exactly what it sounded like,” Therrien said, “that he just wanted a fresh start to show what kind of player he is.”

Scott, who is 6 feet and 204 pounds, had scholarship offers from Florida, LSU, Southern California, Michigan, FSU, Texas and Miami among others in 2008, and would be USF’s highest-rated recruit in program history.

Scott, however, must sit out a year because of NCAA transfer rules. USF loses Mo Plancher after this season, with Scott potentially getting an opportunity right away in 2011 or 2012.

“If his head’s on straight and he’s doing what he needs to be doing, he’ll make a huge impact,” Therrien said.