Get Him to The Greek Movie Review

Director and screenwriter Nicholas Stoller once again shows his comedic brilliance with “Get Him to the Greek.” Also known for his work directing “Forgetting Sarah Marshall” and screenwriting films such as “Yes Man” and “Fun with Dick and Jane,” it was only expected that Stoller wouldn’t disappoint.

Aldous Snow, an internationally famous British rock star with a cocky attitude, has no regard for others and no desire other than to party. Played by actor Russell Brand, Snow is a has-been sensation whose career seems to be fading away. With all his turmoil, there’s only one person who can save the day – the awkward and kooky Aaron Greene.

Jonah Hill, who plays Aaron Greene, portrays the perfect combination of uptight and fun loving in his character. Madly in love with his girlfriend Daphne, and in a job he’s passionate about, Greene’s personality immediately wins over the audience.

Greene is a dedicated fan of Snow and works for a hotshot, loudmouth record executive named Sergio Roma – played by Sean Combs (better known as Diddy). At a meeting, Greene suggests to his boss a sure-fire plan to help make up for the money loss within the company: putting on a 10th anniversary concert at the Greek Theater starring Snow. Not only would this create revenue, but it may also help revive Snow’s career, he thinks.

Although somewhat skeptical, Roma agrees to this plan, putting Greene in charge of picking up Snow from London and getting him back safely to L.A. It quickly becomes clear that picking up Snow is more than Greene bargained for and resembles a babysitting job. Desperate to party and pick up women, Snow causes himself and Greene to either miss every planned flight on their trip or be severely late. With 72 hours to get Snow to the Greek Theater and multiple stops on the way back, arriving on time seems nearly impossible.

Toward the film’s end, the main theme that emerges is friendship. Although Greene and Snow are clearly different people, they’ve formed an unexplainable bond with one another. Most of the actors perfectly nailed their roles – especially Diddy, who may surprise some with an outstanding comedic performance.

The movie’s humor is hysterical – albeit overly crude at times – and was necessary for the plotline.