The Bird and The Bee take on Hall and Oates

With Inara George’s sexy pure vocals and Greg Kurstin’s musical style, alternative duo The Bird and The Bee delivers a stellar tribute to Hall and Oates in their latest album.

The hip-electro jazz group, which describes its sound as “a futuristic 1960’s American film set in Brazil” on its Myspace, released “Interpreting the Masters, Vol. 1 (A Tribute to Daryl Hall and John Oates)” on Tuesday. The album is ranked No. 8 on iTunes’ Top Albums list.

It’s the first studio album from the Los Angeles-based duo since January 2009.

Known for its hits “Again & Again” and “F-cking Boyfriend,” the band has gained mainstream popularity in recent years. Their music has been featured on movies and television shows like “Sex and the City” and “Grey’s Anatomy.”

On its album, The Bird and The Bee covers some of the most well-known tracks from the iconic pop pair Hall & Oates. Infusing its alternative sounds on classic songs, like “I Can’t Go for That” and “Maneater,” George and Kurstin rejuvenate the ‘70s’ standards through the art of remix.

The record showcases some truly original work with quirky electronic loops and sophisticated rhythms, bridging the gap between soulful tunes of the past and the new-age harmonies of today.

It’s a must download for those obliged by contemporary renditions of classic melodies.

For more information on The Bird and The Bee, visit myspace.com/thebirdandthebee.