Routine work to close parking garage

USF’s first and oldest parking garage will undergo maintenance this weekend, said Frank Granda, operations manager for Parking and Transportation Services.

Level 1 and the ramp leading to Level 2 of the Crescent Hill Parking Facility will be closed from midnight Saturday to noon Sunday.

“It may open sooner depending on how fast the work can be done,” Granda said.

Drivers parked in the maintenance locations must move their vehicles, or their cars must remain in the garage until the work is completed.

Parking and Transportation Services wanted to begin maintenance early Saturday morning to give everyone a chance to move their vehicles, Granda said.

There’s nothing wrong with the at least 13-year-old garage, Granda said. Workers are just inspecting driving lanes, among other things.

Motorists can enter the garage at the Level 2 entrance off Cedar Drive. Parking will be available on levels 2 through 4 for those with “E, S and D” parking permits. Levels 5 and 6 will be available to drivers with “CR” parking permits only.

Disabled Parking will be available in lots 5A south of the garage and 5B north of Kosove Hall.

Construction crews will install a utilities pipeline for the new Dr. Kiran C. Patel Center for Global Solutions as well, causing limited access to Lot 23A, 23B and Lot 23T from Friday to Tuesday.