USF to dress for cause

USF’s home match Friday is designated as “Think Pink” night, with October being Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

The Bulls (5-4-3, 2-1-2) will wear pink uniforms for the “Think Pink” match against Providence (6-5-2, 1-3-1) at 7:30 p.m. at the USF Soccer Stadium. This initiative is part of the “Bulls for a Cure” campaign.

“We always enjoy participating in ‘Bulls for a Cure,'” said coach Denise Schilte-Brown. “We are very excited to be part of such a great cause that benefits an outstanding foundation.”

This is the sixth year USF has been involved in “Bulls for a Cure.” USF has raised $13,000 so far for the cause.

On Sunday, USF faces Connecticut for its final home match of the year. USF is riding a four-match home unbeaten streak.

“We love playing at home with our fans supporting us and we always play really hard,” said sophomore forward Chelsea Klotz.

The Bulls are coming off a scoreless tie against then-No. 13 Rutgers. Providence is looking for its second Big East win after defeating Villanova 1-0 Sunday.

USF defeated a top-25 team this year when it beat West Virginia 2-1 at home. The Bulls have won their last three games against Providence by a combined score of 5-0.

The Bulls have never defeated Connecticut. Last season, the Bulls held the Huskies to a scoreless tie in Storrs.

Senior goalkeeper Mallori Lofton-Malachi, who had four saves against Rutgers, is looking forward to her final collegiate home match.

“I’m excited,” she said. “My whole family is coming down, so it’s giving me something to get excited about. I’m really looking forward to it.”

Schilte-Brown said USF is working hard for the final home match of the season.

“I think they’re ready to go,” she said.