The runway rundown

For some this summer, refreshing the mind and body has been a No.1 priority. Now it’s back to the books and time for a skincare lesson for the change of season. To start this semester refreshed and renewed, here are a few quick tips and affordable products to treat your skin, the largest organ of the body.

Body

During the cooler seasons, it’s important to stay moisturized, so switch out those skin care products accordingly. Put away the flowery shower gels, and unpack a creamy body wash that is soap-free and will keep skin well-hydrated.

Suggested: Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Wash ($7). With a blend of natural oils, it provides full hydration that will leave the body feeling cleansed and refreshed. Don’t forget to indulge in an oil-based body scrub after a warm shower to lock in moisture.

Feet

Sandals are never out in sunny Florida, but the cooler it gets, the more attention your feet will need to stay smooth and healthy. Avoid thin-soled shoes to keep heels from cracking.

Suggested:
Gilden Tree Nourishing Foot Cream ($18). There is nothing like a soothing foot moisturizer after a long day of classes.

Hands

Also keep a nourishing cuticle oil in stock for soft hands and manicured nails.

Suggested:
Lemon and Jojoba Cuticle Oil for $10 at carolsdaughter.com will transform brittle nails during the dryer months.

Lips

For fall, out with the bright, fruity lips and in with the natural autumn tones. With the fall season comes new priorities, and full, healthy lips are one of them. Lip balm can be just as much fun as lip gloss, except more hydrating and longer lasting.

Suggested:
MAC tinted lip conditioner SPF 15 ($14.50). Protect those lips from drier days while still locking in a lush look with a natural tint of color. With shea butter and almond oil among MAC’s moisturizing ingredients, reaching for lip gloss after each class will no longer be necessary. Also, avoid licking those lips to help keep the dryness away.

Face

Now that the beach days are coming to a close and the fall semester is back in session, grab a make-up primer to keep skin moisturized and make-up fresh and vibrant all day long.

Suggested:
Bare Escentuals bareVitamins Prime Time from Sephora, starting at $21. Protect your skin from oil breakthroughs and dryness with a primer that will give skin a smooth texture and a clear complexion.

Tanning

Don’t forget to add a tanning bronzer back to that collection of beauty products.

Suggested: Cargo Multi-mix Bronzer for $21at sephora.com. Mix a few drops with your sun tan lotion or your foundation for a sun-kissed glow that looks great in any season, and on any skin tone.

A refreshing summer doesn’t have to end as the new fall semester begins. Keep that polished look year-round with the right products and the right attitude. Make it fun and play around this season with autumn polishes and eye shadows to go with that new glow.