Bulls host Maine

USF coach Ken Eriksen is very concerned with his softball team.  After scoring just one run in three games this past weekend in Gainesville, he’s hoping to see more fight out of his team.

Eriksen and the Bulls (12-8) will return to action today at the USF Softball Field as they host a doubleheader against the Maine Black Bears at 4 p.m.

“These two games against Maine are must wins,” Eriksen said. “If we are unable to win these games, we’re going to be in a lot of trouble.”

The Gators defeated USF 8-0 and 9-1. Junior first baseman Ashley Bullion said the team needs to regain their focus.

“We need to focus more and play as a team,” Bullion said. “There are a few minor things that we need to figure out right now.”

The Bulls will face the Black Bears (5-9) coming off a 1-4 performance at the UCF Invitational in Orlando.  They also have yet to play a home game this season and are in the middle of a 16-day road trip through central Florida.

Today’s doubleheader will be the final non-conference home games the Bulls will host this season.

“We need to be more aggressive,” he said. “With Big East play approaching, we need to be more competitive and correct the things we have struggled with so far in this season.”

— Will McLaughlin