Bulls host Tigers

Today the Bulls will look for some redemption.

South Florida (4-3) faces Auburn at the USF Varsity Tennis Courts at 2 p.m. For the last three years, the Tigers — ranked No. 28 in the nation by the Intercollegiate Tennis Association — have defeated the Bulls.

USF’s No. 53 singles player Lucas Jovita leads the team into the match against the Tigers (4-1), who are led by No. 41 Alexey Tsyrenov.

Jovita has won four of his last five matches after losing to Florida State’s No. 19 Jean-Yves Aubone in his first match of the season. He lost to Florida’s No. 24 Carlos Cueto last weekend.

Coach Don Barr said doubles play is where the team needs to improve. USF’s No. 54 duo Thomas Estrada and Jovita might find tough competition against Auburn’s No. 15 Tim Puetz and Tsyrenov.

The Tigers are the Bulls’ second Southeastern Conference opponent this season. Florida swept USF 7-0 last weekend in Gainesville.

Auburn has three players ranked in the singles top 120 in the nation. The Tigers defeated Central Florida 4-3 at home Feb. 15. USF meets UCF in Orlando on Saturday at 1 p.m. Last year, USF defeated UCF 5-2 in Tampa.

UCF (5-4) is led by senior Tarek Ben Soltane, who has a perfect record (4-0) at home. The Knights defeated Louisiana-Lafayette 4-3 last weekend in Orlando.