Bulls host Owls

The South Florida men’s soccer team lost for the third time this season Saturday, falling 1-0 to No. 4 St. John’s. Despite the loss, the Bulls said they are ready for tonight’s opponent — the Florida Atlantic Owls.

“It’s important to keep the right mindset after a loss,” sophomore defender Andre Mittoo said. “The main thing is to put this one behind us and focus on this week.”

The Bulls fell to second place in the Big East Red Division with the loss to the Red Storm and dropped to 5-2-1 in the conference. USF, however, remains a game ahead of Louisville and DePaul in Red Division standings.  St. John’s, at 6-1-1 in  the conference, took over sole possession of first.

The Owls head into Tuesday’s game with a bit of momentum, coming off of consecutive overtime victories last week.

USF, meanwhile, looks to remain unbeaten at home this year.

“Our main goal is to keep the guys focused,” USF coach George Kiefer said. “We want to manage each game we play. We try to focus on the little things that are necessary for success.”

The Bulls had a few chances late in the game Saturday, but shots on goal by Kevon Neaves, Sebastien Thuriere and Javed Mohammed were all denied. The Red Storm’s lone shot on goal was the game-winner.

Tonight the Bulls face a team they’ve had a history of success against, going 9-3-1 in 14 meetings. The most recent meeting in 2007 resulted in a 1-1 tie in Boca Raton.

The Bulls are led by senior forward Jordan Seabrook, who has nine points this year on two goals and five assists. Junior forward Zak Boggs leads the team with three goals. Sophomore goalkeeper Jeff Attinella is ranked in the top 10 nationally in goals allowed.

The Bulls haven’t lost consecutive games this year.