Two weeks of rest has Bulls fired up

WOMEN’S TENNIS GAME TIMESouth Carolina Upstate (12-2) at USF (14-5)When: Sunday, 10 a.m.Where: USF Varsity Tennis CourtsTV/Radio: None

The South Florida women’s tennis team (14-5) will host the University of South Carolina Upstate (12-2) at the USF tennis courts Sunday. The match comes after the Bulls’ 6-1 win over Big East opponent Syracuse on March 16.

The Bulls will look for a strong performance by freshman Janette Bejlkova, who will likely face Anna Novo, USC Upstate’s No. 1 singles player and a two-time Division II All-American.

“Janette has been doing very well. She is our No. 1, doubles and singles,” Coach Agustin Moreno said.

Liz Cruz – the Bulls’ No. 3 singles player – will look to take on Daniela Lovera, while Jessica Zok goes up against Susana Hernandez in the No. 2 spot.

Bejlkova and Iciri Rai will match up against Novo and Emilia Milovanovic in the No. 1 doubles match.

The Bulls have had over two weeks since their last match and are eager to play again.

“Everyone is healthy and ready to play,” Moreno said. “It is a match just like any other. We’re ready like we would be for any other match.”

The Bulls will look to put their seven-game winning streak on the line against USC Upstate’s five-game streak.

USF will have less than one month after the match until the Big East Championships, which will be held in Tampa.