WOMEN’S SOCCER GAME TIME

Georgetown (8-3) at USF (2-5-1)When: Tonight, 7:30Where: USF Soccer StadiumTV/Radio: None

After hitting the road for seven of its first eight games, the USF women’s soccer team is beginning a four-game home stand. Tonight the Bulls battle Big East rival Georgetown. On Sunday, USF plays host to another Big East foe – Villanova.

USF goes into Friday’s game against the Hoyas on a positive note. The Bulls won this season’s first Big East game Sunday, when they played Providence. Head coach Denise Schilte-Brown is hoping to carry that momentum into Friday’s game.

“I think that on paper, historically, that Georgetown has been better than us,” Schilte-Brown said. “Georgetown is a beatable team, but we need our girls to show up and be ready to play.”

Hopefully the Bulls will be able to utilize their talented upperclassmen against the Hoyas. Senior Autumn Browning and junior Lindsay Brauer are tied for the team lead in points with five. The Bulls will also need a strong supporting cast to take down the Hoyas. Georgetown comes in boasting an 8-3 record. However, they have dropped two of their last three games to Big East opponents Villanova and Rutgers.

On Sunday, the Bulls face a tough opponent in the Villanova Wildcats. Villanova (7-0-4) is one of only three undefeated teams left in the nation. The Wildcats are strong on both sides of the ball. On offense, senior forward Nikki Mabery has a team-high five goals. On defense, senior goalkeeper Jillian Loyden is allowing only 0.28 goals per game, ranking seventh in the nation.

“I think that both of our games this weekend are going to be really tough,” Schilte-Brown said. “We need to execute. The girls have to move forward and get backas a unit.”

Sunday’s game is also special for the Bulls: It will be covered on both radio and television. WBUL 1620 AM, the campus radio station, will cover the game live. Catch 47, a TV station known for covering Bay area sports, will be taping the game. USF plays at 1 p.m. Sunday, but will air on Catch 47 at 9 p.m.