VOLLEYBALL GAME TIME

USF (9-4) at Syracuse (10-8)When: Tonight, 7Where: Manley Field HouseTV/Radio: None

The USF women’s volleyball team looks to build upon its first Big East win with a road trip to the Manley Field House today to face a Syracuse team that is undefeated at home.

The women followed up an eight-game winning streak with a disappointing three-game losing streak, but managed to get their foot in the proverbial door when they swept Rutgers last Sunday.

USF (9-4) will try to make it two in a row when the team takes on the Syracuse Orange (10-8), who are 5-0 at home. Syracuse will begin its eight-game home stand against the Bulls at 7 p.m.

Syracuse has a few weapons that may give the Bulls a hard time. Senior Cheryl Cobbina is just five kills away from placing seventh all-time in Syracuse history. In their recent loss to Cincinnati, Sarah Morton tallied a season-best 11 blocks for the Orange.

USF Senior Kristina Fabris is on her own mission to land in the record books. In the win against Rutgers, Fabris had 17 kills, putting her at 1,175 kills in her career – good enough to rank her sixth all-time at USF.

The Bulls continue their road trip when they take on Marquette (4-8) on Sunday at 3 p.m. The Golden Eagles recently lost to Louisville 3-1, but senior Kim Todd had a very impressive performance. Todd tallied 21 kills and put up a .259 hitting percentage. Senior setter Katie Weidner led the team with 44 assists.