SOFTBALL GAME TIME

When: Today, 4 and 6 p.m.Where: USF Softball Complex

The story: The softball team will be looking to sweep Eastern Michigan in a doubleheader that begins at today at 4 p.m. USF won both games against the Eagles over the weekend during The Game Tournament.

Right-fielder Courtney Mosch hit a game-winning solo home run for the Bulls on Friday for a 3-2 victory. On Saturday, USF routed the Eagles 8-0 in a mercy-rule, five-inning win. Mosch also got the victory on Saturday with five strikeouts.

Mosch leads the team in home runs (3) and RBI (11) and is third on the team with a .295 batting average. Mosch has a 3-1 record on the mound and has a 1.35 ERA in six appearances.

Pitcher Bree Spence went four innings in Friday’s 3-2 victory over Eastern Michigan and freshman Kristen Gordon recorded her second victory of the season with three innings of relief. Sophomore Caitlin Schneider took advantage of a spot start at second base, going 2-for-2 with one RBI and a run scored.

The Bulls had success offensively against Eastern Michigan starters Michelle Lloyd and Aimee Woodrum. USF scored three runs on nine hits against Woodrum on Friday and knocked around Lloyd in the 8-0 win Saturday. Ashley Bullion and Cat Olnick had two RBI each.

Keep an eye on: Junior transfer Aya Nakajima. Nakajima has five RBI and six stolen bases this season. Nakajima is perfect on the season in the stole base category going 6-for-6. Nakajima has also scored nine runs and has a .267 batting average.