WOMEN’S BASKETBALL GAME TIME

When: Sat., 8 p.m.Where: Al McGuire Center TV/Radio: None, 860 AM

The women’s basketball team hopes to end their late season slump while capturing a second victory over a ranked opponent this season against Marquette.

USF has lost four of its last five contests, and the skid has dropped the Bulls from a share of second place in the conference into a three-way tie for seventh place with Seton Hall and Pittsburgh.

The Bulls have lost both games against the Panthers this year, and close out the regular season Monday against Seton Hall. Senior Jessica Dickson remains 24 points shy of surpassing Charlie Bradley’s 21-year-old career scoring record of 2,319 points.

Marquette is coming off its worst shooting performance of the season, connecting on only 19 of 67 attempts from the field during a 63-58 loss to Seton Hall.

The Golden Eagles are one of the toughest teams defensively in the conference, allowing opponents to shoot just .378 percent from the field, including 28 percent from three-point range.

Marquette ranks third in the Big East in scoring margin, averaging 11 more points per game than its opponents.

Keep an eye on: Marquette guard Krystal Ellis. The sophomore led all scorers with 25 points against the Pirates and is averaging a team-high 18.1 points per game this season.