MEN’S BASKETBALL GAME TIME

When: Sat., 8 p.m.Where: Continental Airlines ArenaTV/Radio: Catch 47, 1250 AM

The men’s basketball team travels to Seton Hall on Saturday with just three games left, but for the first time since last season, the Bulls will play with no chance of making it to the postseason.

With two more conference wins and five more overall wins than last year, USF spent the past eight weeks battling for the 12th and final spot in the Big East Tournament, but Connecticut ended the Bulls’ hopes with a win against Rutgers on Wednesday.

Although it won’t be making a trip to the tournament at Madison Square Garden next month, USF still has a chance to finish the season at .500, which would be a significant improvement from last year’s 7-22 record.

The Pirates, with the same conference record as the Bulls, are tied with USF for 13th in the Big East. However, Seton Hall still has a chance to make the tournament. If the Pirates win Saturday and then win on the road against Cincinnati and Louisville and St. John’s loses to Providence on March 4, they’ll earn the final spot in the tournament.

USF is riding a four-game losing streak, while Seton Hall has lost eight of its last nine games.

The Bulls’ most recent loss was to DePaul at home on Saturday. USF’s last win was an upset of then-21 Notre Dame on Feb. 3. The Bulls are 0-14 in conference games on the road since joining the Big East.

Keep an eye on: Seton Hall guard Jamar Nutter. The 6-foot-2 junior is third on the Pirates with 12.5 points per game. Last year, Nutter scored 37 points in two wins against the Bulls, 28 of those points coming in one game.