WOMEN’S BASKETBALL GAME TIME

When: Tonight, 7Where: Sun DomeTV/Radio: Catch 47/860 AM

The story: The women’s basketball team faces its toughest test of the season tonight as it hosts No. 4 Connecticut. A victory for the Huskies would clinch the 15th Big East Conference regular-season title in team history.

USF is hoping to reach its second consecutive NCAA Tournament, but the team’s late-season struggles have made a tournament berth an uncertainty. The Bulls’ defining win came against then-No. 15 Louisville.

Entering tonight’s contest, the Bulls hold a record of 13-2 at the Sun Dome this season.

The Bulls have dropped three of their last four outings and are coming off a 73-64 loss to West Virginia. Jessica Dickson, the second-leading scorer in the Big East Conference, led USF with 28 points and 10 rebounds.

Dickson needs just 35 points to surpass Charlie Bradley’s all-time career scoring record of 2,319 points. Dickson’s career-high 37 points came against then No.9 Rutgers on Jan. 11, 2006.

Connecticut has won 11 straight, 193 of its last 196 contests against non-ranked opponents and all three contests against USF.

The Huskies are the only team in the conference to have all five starters with a scoring average in double figures.

As a team, Connecticut dominates statistically, leading the Big East in scoring average, points allowed, blocks, assists and field-goal defense.

Keep an eye on: Connecticut guard Renee Montgomery. The sophomore ranks third in the Big East in assists (4.77 per game) and steals (2.42 per game) while leading the team in scoring average with 13 points per game.