Women’s Basketball GAMETIME

When: Tonight 7 p.m.Where: Mullaney GymnasiumTelevision/Radio: None/860 AM

The women’s basketball team looks to end its first losing streak of the season while capturing a critical road victory tonight against Providence.

With consecutive losses to DePaul and Pittsburgh, the Bulls fell out of a four-way tie for second place in the Big East. Now the Bulls are tied with Pittsburgh and Notre Dame for fourth place in the conference.

The top four seeds in the Big East receive a first round bye in the conference tournament.

In the Bulls’ last outing, Jessica Dickson was once again frustrated by the Panthers defense and was held to a season-low 10 points on 2-18 shooting from the field. Point guard Shantia Grace carried USF with 23 points and eight assists but the Bulls’ late rally came up short as they fell to Pittsburgh 69-65.

Providence snapped a seven-game skid by capturing its first road victory in conference play with a 93-77 win over St. John’s.

Despite the Friars’ losing record in Big East play, Providence has proved to be a tough match-up at home. The Friars were able to upset then-ranked No. 13 Louisville 106-94 in double overtime.

Guard Chelsea Marandola leads the team in steals (52), assists per game (2.5), field goal percentage (.462), three-point field goal percentage (.388) and ranks second on the team in points per game (12.5).

Keep an Eye on: Bulls forward Nalini Miller. The senior recorded a season-high six blocked shots against Pittsburgh and will be relied upon to crash the boards tonight. Providence ranks last in the conference in rebounding margin, allowing its opponents to grab 4.9 rebounds more per game.