MEN’S BASKETBALL GAME TIME

When: Sat., 3 p.m.Where: Freedom HallRadio: 1250 AM

The story: Still in search of its first Big East win on the road, the men’s basketball team travels to Louisville on Saturday to face the Cardinals for the second time this season.

Louisville beat USF 81-55 on Jan. 10 at the Sun Dome, giving the Bulls their third straight conference loss. Since the loss to the Cardinals, USF is 3-4 in conference play and still battling for a spot in the Big East Tournament.

The Bulls’ first five conference losses came by an average of 20.2 points, including its season-worst 26-point loss to Louisville. USF’s last two conference losses came by a total of six points, including a 66-62 loss to St. John’s on Wednesday.

In Wednesday’s loss at Carnesecca Arena, the Bulls trailed the Red Storm by 21 points at halftime, but cut the lead to as few as two points late in the game. In the second half, USF went on a 25-7 run and outscored St. John’s 43-26 before losing its 13th road Big East game, dating back to last season.

The Cardinals are in fifth place in the Big East and have lost their last two games to Villanova and No. 23 Georgetown, their most recent outing – a 73-65 home loss to the Hoyas on Wednesday.

The Bulls and Cardinals have met 21 times, with the Bulls winning just three times. The last time USF beat Louisville was in 2001.

Keep an eye on: junior Kentrell Gransberry. The 6-foot-9 center scored 20 points and had a career-high 19 rebounds Wednesday against St. John’s, giving him eight double-doubles this season. Gransberry is fifth in the nation with 11.1 rebounds per game.