Women’s Basketball Game Time

Stetson (0-3) at USF (3-0)When: Tonight, 5:30 p.m.Where: Sun Dome

The story: Just two shots separate Jessica Dickson from being the women’s basketball team all-time leading scorer. Updated information shows she needs only four points to surpass Wanda Guyton’s record of 1,820 set in 1989.

Last season, Dickson led Big East in scoring average with 22 points per game and led the country in scoring 11 of 17 weeks. Three games into the season, the senior forward is averaging 20.7 points per game, second only to teammate Shantia Grace in the conference.

Grace, a sophomore, is averaging 23 points per game and has received her first Big East Women’s Basketball Player of the Week honors. Along with her scoring, Grace ranks second in the Big East with 5.3 assists per game.

The Bulls are off to an impressive start this season, defeating Wisconsin-Milwaukee, a team that reached the NCAA Tournament last year, and sweeping the Image Depot Shootout with victories over Texas Southern and Georgia Southern.

USF has outscored its opponents 268-161.

Today the Bulls hope to continue their success against in-state rival Stetson. USF leads the all-time series 18-11. The Hatters are coming off a 60-55 loss to Bethune-Cookman, and are 0-3.

A year ago, Stetson went 1-14 on the road. The Hatters lost their last meeting against USF 76-63 in 1998.

Keep an eye on: Freshman center Stephanie Sarosi. The 6-foot, 5-inch center displayed all of her skills during USF’s 94-65 victory over Georgia Southern. Sarosi recorded 14 rebounds including eight offensive, seven points, three assists, two steals and a block.- Brendan Galella