Volleyball Game Time

USF (11-10, 6-2) at Connecticut (14-9, 3-5); at St. John’s (23-1, 8-0)When: Tonight, 7; Sun., 2 p.m.Where: Gampel Pavilion; Carnesecca Arena

The story: The Bulls will travel to the Northeast this weekend in hopes of continuing their hot streak against Connecticut and St. John’s.

The Bulls (11-10, 6-2) have moved up to fourth in the Big East and are on a four-game winning streak, which is the longest since 2002. USF has a winning record for the first time since the 2004 season. The team seems to have timed the current streak to go hand-in-hand with the toughest stretch of their schedule. While Connecticut (14-9, 3-5) has struggled in conference play, all of their losses have been against five of the top six teams in the conference. St. John’s (23-1, 8-0) has not lost a game since Sept. 9 against Southern Cal and has won 14 consecutive matches. The Bulls are looking for their first victory ever over Connecticut after losing last season’s match 3-0.

The team’s focus should be on stopping outside hitter Kate Sebaugh. The freshman is third on the team with 2.85 kills per game and is second on the team with 2.33 digs per game. In order to stop St. John’s, the Bulls will have to focus on Wioleta Leszcynska. The outside hitter, who is one year removed from playing in Poland, leads the Big East in assists with 14.35 a game. The Bulls are 1-1 against St. John’s after losing last season’s match 3-0.

Keep an eye on: Johari Williams. The middle blocker scored a combined 28 points against Villanova and Rutgers. Her points per game average has increased from 12.7 to 15.1 and is second on the team in kills per game (3.27) and blocks per game (0.83).