Men’s Soccer Game Time

FAU (3-5-1) at No. 16 USF (5-4-2, 3-2-2)

When: Tonight, 7:30

Where: USF Soccer Stadium

The story: USF is looking to rebound from Big East losses to DePaul and Rutgers as it hosts FAU tonight at the USF Soccer Stadium. The Bulls had their first back-to-back losses last week since September 2005. USF has not lost three games in a row since October, 2004.

USF has a good record against the Owls. The Bulls are 8-3 against FAU, 7-1 against the Owls at home. The past two year’s meetings were canceled due to rain.

FAU’s three wins this season have been against Mercer, Binghamton and Jacksonville. Despite the seemingly favorable match for USF, the Bulls aren’t taking tonight’s game lightly.

“We aren’t the underdogs anymore,” midfielder Sammy Castellanos said. “Everyone’s always coming out to get us, so they’re going to come out here and probably play their best soccer. It’s probably their best game on the schedule, so they’re going to come out with fire. We’re going to have to come out here and prove a point that we are the top team in the Big East.”

The Bulls’ offense, which is averaging just 1.18 goals per game, will have a tough time scoring against Owls goalkeeper Phillip Lamarre. The freshman was named Atlantic Soccer conference Rookie of the Week for the second time this season on Sept. 26.

Coach George Kiefer said whoever USF plays is irrelevant.”Right now it’s much more about us than our opponent,” Kiefer said.

Keep an eye on: midfielder Kevon Neaves. The sophomore had five shots in Saturday’s loss to Rutgers giving him 28 points this season, which is second best on the team.