Pigskin Picks

It may seem like a fun idea, but writing an amusing column every week can be a difficult thing to do, as proven by Sports Editor Thomas Simonetti. During my hiatus last week, the original author of this section took it upon himself to finally do his job : write. Yesterday, he requested that I take over his job … again.

The reason for this favor, as I was told, was to let me recuperate from the incredible ragging I got last week. Funny, I seem to be ragged on the most when I’m not around. I still can’t tell if I smell fear, shame or embarrassment after another loss.

And the winner is: Last week, the boys had it easy. I left for an entire week and they never got my picks. They “forgot.” While Polish people may have lost the recipe for ice, we do in fact have electricity and such things as email accounts. But I’ll let them have it. After all, they need all the help they can get, right?

Lock of the week: It’s that time of the year again: UF vs. FSU. Living in Florida for more than six years, I’ve learned that this is perhaps the most bitter rivalry Sunshine Staters have ever taken part in. Please, Gator fans, spare me my life.

Thomas picked USF over Cincinnati (31 – 28), Florida over Florida State, Wisconsin over Iowa, Michigan over Ohio State.

Adam picked USF over Cincinnati (28-17), Florida State over Florida, Wisconsin over Iowa, Michigan over Ohio State.

Olga picked USF over Cincinnati (41-28), Florida State over Florida, Wisconsin over Iowa, Michigan over Ohio State.

Ryan picked USF over Cincinnati (24-20), Florida over Florida State, Iowa over Wisconsin, Ohio State over Michigan.