Women end preseason on right foot

In its final exhibition game of the preseason, the USF women’s basketball team dominated the Miami Sun 81-46 Saturday at the Sun Dome.

The Bulls’ regular season starts Nov. 12 at Middle Tennessee State in the first round of the WNIT.

With four players in double figures, USF started the game with a 16-0 run and never looked back, leading by 21 points at halftime and not allowing their opponent within 18 points in the second half.

Rachael Sheats scored a game-high 17 points and Ezria Parsons had a second consecutive double-double, scoring 12 and pulling down 11 rebounds. Nalini Miller and Chanae each dropped in 10 for the Bulls, who won their second consecutive exhibition game.

USF defeated EA Sports 74-68 November 1.

Versus the Miami Sun, the Bulls, who led by as many as 36, controlled all facets, outscoring their opponents 36-12 the paint and converting 27 turnovers into 37 points.

Women’s tennis team ends fall season

The USF Women’s Tennis team returns from their final matches of the fall season after taking only one match from the Rice and Illinois respectively.

Day one of the Midwest Blast was favorable to the Bulls as they split their singles matches versus Rice and won two of three in doubles against Southern Alabama.

USF’s victories in singles came from Fabiana Taverna, Luisa Obando, and Patricia Kolendo.

USF claimed doubles victories from Taverna and Liz Cruz. Obando and Gabriela Duch also won in doubles play.

In day two of the Midwest Blast IV, USF took one of its two doubles matches versus Rice when Taverna and Cruz defeated Amy Cao and Christine Dao, 8-3. Cruz and Taverna finished the tournament undefeated in doubles play.

USF’s only bright spot in singles play came when Cruz outlasted Momei Qui of Illinois, 6-3, 3-6, 7-5.

With the end of the fall season, the Bulls graduate senior Patricia Kolendo who finished her career 30-50 in singles play and 17-31 in doubles play.