Pigskin Picks

I’d understand what you meant if you said there were a lot of distractions this week.

Major League Baseball’s American and National League series have begun while the NFL season is in full swing. There is a pretty heated election just around the corner.

But college football is trying its hardest not to be ignored this week.

No.17 Louisville (who pulled an upset over FSU in 2002) at No. 3 Miami tonight is followed this weekend by a big FSU game and one heck of a Big Ten showdown with No. 12 Wisconsin at No. 5 Purdue.

College football fans will get their fix this weekend. Here’s our take.

And the winner is: Olga takes the most heat in this weekly column but she has been striking back in the most effective way possible — she wins.

She won the last time we picked and now leads the staff with two weekly championships.

Go figure.

Lock of the week: This week’s lock is based on the stat of the week: Army hasn’t won consecutive games since 1997.

Last week the Black Knights snapped the nation’s longest losing streak after they dropped 19 straight.

USF will not lose this one.

Olga says: Considering Olga has won two more weeks than me (I have zero) I broke down and asked what her secret is.

“Picking the teams you guys don’t pick,” she said.

This week the laugh is on us.

Thomas picked USF over Army (28-16), Miami over Louisville, FSU over Virginia, and Wisconsin over Purdue.

Adam picked USF over Army (28-7), Miami over Louisville, FSU over Virginia, and Purdue over Wisconsin.

Olga picked Army over USF (24-7), Miami over Louisville, Virginia over FSU, and Wisconsin over Purdue.

Ryan picked USF over Army (27-14), Miami over Louisville, Virginia over FSU, and Purdue over Wisconsin.