Football game against Pitt rescheduled

The USF football team has agreed to reschedule its game against Pittsburgh to Dec. 4 at Raymond James Stadium.

The game was originally set as the Bulls’ home opener, but due to Hurricane Frances it was postponed.

The game had initially been set to air on ESPN, but there has been difficulty trying to work out a similar deal for the new date.

“We realize it’s important for fans of both programs to be able to plan their Dec. 4 weekend and we’re happy to finalize the date. We join Pittsburgh in continued discussions with ESPN to keep the game televised as originally planned,” Athletic Director Doug Woolard said.

If aired on the 4th, there would be conflict with the SEC Championship at 6 p.m. on CBS and the Big XII Championship at 7 p.m. on ABC.

Men finish in 15 th

The USF men’s golf team shot a final-round 319 at the Memphis Intercollegiate.

After finishing ninth in the first round of play, USF dropped six spots to 15 after shooting two straight rounds over 300.

Tournament winner Memphis had a total of 873, with tournament winner Allan Thomas shooting a 54-round score of 214.

Brad Quiri tied for 18th with a final score of 223 to lead the Bulls.

Golf Player gets award

After two standout performances in September, junior USF women’s golfer Fernanda Rivera has been named Conference USA Player of the Month.

Rivera earned two top-fifteen finishes at the Napa River Grill Cardinal Cup in Louisville and the Beacon Woods Invitational.

Rivera shot a course-record 67 in the first round of the Beacon Woods Invitational to lead the Bulls to a third-place finish in Bayonet Point, Fla.