USF’s woes continue at FSU

The USF women’s soccer team extended its losing streak to three games with a 2-0 loss at No. 9 Florida State on Tuesday.

Rachel McDowell got the Seminoles on the board in the first half, scoring in the 27th minute to give FSU a 1-0 lead.

Early in the second half, Katie Beal scored off a corner kick to put FSU up 2-0, sealing the victory for the Seminoles (8-3-0).

The Bulls (1-5-2) managed only two shots on goal and held the Seminoles to only five for the game.

It was the third straight year FSU shut out USF, and the Bulls are now 0-7-1 versus the Seminoles all time.

USF has now gone three games and 325 minutes without scoring a goal.

Erica Lewis, who returned to Tallahassee for the first time since transferring from FSU last season, had four shots and forced one shot on goal.

USF hasn’t scored since Lewis converted a penalty kick in the 55th minute of the 1-1 double overtime tie versus UAB on Saturday.

The Bulls resume their conference schedule this weekend when they welcome Southern Miss on Friday and Tulane on Sunday.

USF is 0-2 in conference play with seven games remaining.

Bulls keeper Breck Bankester had three saves versus FSU. Through eight games, the C-USA Co-Defensive Player of the Year has allowed 13 goals. Last year, through eight games, Bankester allowed eight goals.

Offensively, the Bulls have scored four goals in eight games compared to 11 in the same number of games in 2003.