Fisher arrested again

USF junior Brian Fisher, last season’s team offensive MVP, turned himself over to police Sunday on an outstanding warrant for driving with a revoked/suspended license.

The warrant was issued following a Feb. 21 citation for driving with a revoked/suspended license. Fisher posted $250 bond and was released.

This is the second time Fisher has been arrested in the past 10 days. Fisher, arguably USF’s most versatile player, was arrested March 23 for failing to pay almost $17,500 in delinquent child support payments to two different women.

USF coach Jim Leavitt said Tuesday that Fisher still had not been suspended from the team, and a timetable for return would be made on a day-to-day basis.

However, Leavitt said he wasn’t planning on redshirting Fisher next season.

DEPTH CHART: Leavitt revealed the team’s depth chart Tuesday after going over film of Saturday’s scrimmage. One surprise was redshirt freshman J.B. Garris, who is listed as one of four starters at wide receiver. Leavitt said he’s also been impressed with junior-college transfer Antonio Searcy, who has worked himself into the rotation at defensive tackle. Also, Javan Camon was named to replace former free safety J.R. Reed.

GROUNDLESS GAME: No players are listed on the running back depth chart because Leavitt is waiting for the new recruits to come to the program in the fall, after being less than impressed with the team’s running backs this spring.

The team graduated seniors Quinton Callum, DeJuan Green and Vince Brewer, and lost sophomore Billy Henderson to a torn ACL one week ago. Junior Clenton Crossley’s performance has not been noteworthy this spring, according to Leavitt, and that’s why the coach said the position is wide open.

“(Crossley) hasn’t played very well,” Leavitt said. “Either he’s got to change and pick it up or one of these young guys are going to come in (here) and beat him out.”

Crossley, the Bulls’ second-leading rusher last season and the team’s leading rusher in 2002, averaged 5.2 yards per carry and scored four touchdowns in 2003.

Crossley had 19 yards on nine carries and one reception for seven yards in Saturday’s scrimmage. No running back gained more than 29 yards on the ground.

Leavitt said he expects running backs Andre Hall, Andre Copeland, Ricky Ponton and Chad Simpson, all of whom are set to join the team in the fall, to come in and immediately challenge for playing time.

“Out of that group, they’ve got an excellent opportunity of coming in here this fall (and playing).”

INJURY REPORT: OT Derrick Sarosi (shoulder) and DB D’Juan Brown (hip) sat out Tuesday’s workouts. Sarosi also was held out of Saturday’s scrimmage.