College Gameday will air from USF vs. Airforce game

The USF football team once again will enjoy a perk of being a member of Conference USA. ESPN announced Tuesday that the Saturday College GameDay football preview show will air live from West Point, N.Y., prior to the Bulls game against Army on Sept. 27.

The USF-Army game will not be aired on ESPN, but will be televised on the Regional News Network.

ESPN announced the decision, citing “a patriotic theme in recognition to the U.S. Service Academies.”

“In these times, it’s only natural to present College GameDay from the backdrop of West Point and the tradition-rich Army football program,” ESPN senior vice president Norby Williamson said. “This is an opportunity to honor the cadets who lay their lives on the line to protect our freedoms.”

This is the first time for the USF program on the GameDay set, which is hosted by Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit and Chris Fowler. USF made its first appearance on ESPN just two weeks ago in the season opener at Alabama.

USF places in 10th at golf tournament

The USF men’s golf team is 10th out of 15 teams after the first two rounds of the Raising Cane Classic in Hattiesburg, Miss., the Bulls’ first meet of the fall season.

The Bulls are 22 shots behind the leader, Jacksonville State, after shooting a combined 580 through the first 36 holes.

Junior Chris Black paced the Bulls with consecutive rounds of 70, putting him in a five-way tie for 11th place overall.

Teammate Oscar Fraustro is three shots behind Black, while Ryan Shears rounds out USF’s top three at a two-round score of 146.

The final round of the tournament was set for Tuesday. Results of the match were not available at press time.