Police nab university official on voyeurism charge

A high-ranking USF administrator was placed on paid leave following his late Friday arrest.

Scott Lewis, associate vice president for administrative services, was charged with misdemeanor voyeurism after a neighbor in his North Tampa community called police to complain.

According to a Tampa Police report, an intoxicated Lewis climbed on top of an air conditioning unit to look into his 42-year-old neighbor’s bathroom window, which is eight feet above the ground. Lewis allegedly watched as his neighbor dressed.

According to the report, the neighbor noticed Lewis and fled from the room. She then called police. When questioned by officers, Lewis admitted to the crime.

The 48-year-old Lewis has been an employee at USF for about two months. He came to USF after working as the associate vice chancellor for business and finance at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. At that institution, he was responsible for reports to the Board of Regents and negotiated with the city of Lincoln. He began work in Nebraska in 1998 after a stint at Arkansas State University.

According to a University of Nebraska-Lincoln release, Lewis is married. His wife, who is a project coordinator at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s Barkley Memorial Center, was scheduled to follow him to Tampa sometime this year.

During his tenure at USF, Lewis has been responsible for handling several departments, including the physical plant, auxiliary services, budget analysis, facilities planning and environmental health, safety and risk management.

Before being taken for processing, Lewis insisted upon apologizing to his neighbor, the report said. He was taken to the Hillsborough County Jail. Following arraignment, he was released on $500 bail.