Bulls end road swing

South Florida baseball will end its nine-game road stance at UCF tonight as the Bulls look to make it eight straight in midweek games.

The Bulls struggled last weekend against No. 20 East Carolina, losing two out of three for the third week in a row against conference opponents. In fact it is the midweek games that have been the biggest success for the Bulls this season.

Last week, Tuesday’s win against Stetson marked head coach Eddie Cardieri’s 600th career win at USF. The coach said the win at Stetson was South Florida’s most complete win of the season.Cardieri said tonight’s game is crucial for both teams as they head into the last stretch of the season.

“This will be an interesting game because both teams are on the bubble,” Cardieri said. “We are both at that point where we need every win. We have taken the first two games of the series this season, and it would be nice to have the third.”

Cardieri said the struggles the team went through during the weekend at ECU are frustrating because he said he’s seen a change in his team.

“Early on our pitching was outstanding. It was our back bone,” Cardieri said. “We started to come on swinging, and our pitching has fallen apart. Over the weekend both fell apart. We were pretty gross.”

Cardieri did comment that he has seen great success in the batting approaches of Myron Leslie and Kris Courier.

“We hope we got Myron going,” Cardieri said. “He was C-USA Hitter of the Week. And we saw great things out of Kris Courier, hopefully we can keep that going.”

Ryan Gloger will make the start at UCF. The game will begin at 7 p.m. and airs on the Sunshine Network.