Briefs: C-USA announces TV schedule

Conference USA has announced its women’s basketball TV schedule for the 2001-02 season. USF will have four of its regular season contests televised in January and February on Fox Sports Net Florida and the new C-USA TV Network.

The Bulls’ Jan. 13 game at home vs. DePaul will be shown Jan. 14 at 7 p.m. The USF-Southern Miss game will be broadcast live Jan. 17 at 8 p.m. on the C-USA Network. Two more home games, against Texas Christian Feb. 1 and Memphis Feb. 24, will be shown one day later on Fox Sports Net.

Bulls drop out of rankings

Following a 5-0 loss to North Carolina on Sunday, the USF men’s soccer team has now dropped out of all three national polls.

Two weeks ago, the Bulls owned a 8-0 record and were ranked in the top 10 in the Soccer America, National Soccer Coaches Association of America and Collegesoccer.com media polls. But a 3-0 loss to UAB Oct. 5 and Sunday’s loss have plummeted USF out of the rankings.The Bulls play C-USA foe No. 3 Saint Louis on Saturday.

Oglesby Commits To Bulls

High school basketball standout Danny Oglesby verbally committed to USF last week Wednesday, as reported in the New Haven (Conn.) Register.

Oglesby, a 6-2 guard from Hamden Hall High School, last season averaged more than 27 points, 5.0 rebounds and 5.0 assists per game. He ranks No. 7 in Connecticut’s all-time scoring list with 2,245 points.