Wagner found guilty of assault

UNIVERSITY OF MEMPHIS — University of Memphis signee and former Camden (NJ) High School basketball star, Dajuan Wagner, was sentenced to one year probation Monday after being found guilty of harassment and simple assault for his involvement in a December school fight.

Wagner, 18, and his teammate, James Pulliam, 18, had been charged with making terroristic threats and aggravated assault. Wagner’s friend, Dewuan Potter, was charged with assault. The three had pled innocent to the charges in the Superior Division of Camden County Family Court before Judge Louis Hornstine.

The victim testified Wagner, Pulliam and Potter approached him in a school hallway and began to punch him for about two minutes. During testimony last week, Wagner refuted the victim’s story, saying he never threw a punch.

Wagner, who was also ordered to attend an anger management seminar, is the all-time leading scorer in the history of New Jersey high school basketball and the son of U of M coordinator of basketball operations Milt Wagner. He was considered by many to be the best high school basketball player in the nation last season.

Wagner’s lawyer said Monday the sentence will not affect his playing status at The U of M.

Copyright Daily Helmsman