Three former Bulls make NFL roster

By Josh Fiallo, Sports Editor
On September 5, 2017

Former Bull Marlon Mack is the all-time rushing leader in USF history with 3,609 rushing yards, despite only playing three seasons at USF. ORACLE FILE PHOTO/ADAM MATHIEU

Two out of three Bulls who were drafted into the NFL last April have officially made their rosters.

Running back Marlon Mack (fourth round, Indianapolis Colts) and wide receiver Rodney Adams (fifth, Minnesota Vikings) made their teams, along with undrafted linebacker Nigel Harris who made the Los Angeles Chargers’ 53-man roster.

Mack, who was the highest Bull to be drafted since Kayvon Webster, went in the third round (2013) and finished the preseason averaging 5.3 yards per carry.

Adams, who was drafted earlier than any other Bulls wide receiver, finished the preseason with two touchdowns and played in all four Vikings games.

Harris led the Chargers in tackles during the preseason with 11 solo tackles and will begin his biggest role as part of special teams, according to the San Diego Union Tribune.

This trio of Bulls will be joining Nate Allen, Sam Barrington, Terrell McClain, Jason Pierre-Paul, Austin Reiter, Kayvon Webster and Darrell Williams in the NFL.

Additionally, Mack and Adams are listed at No. 2 on their team’s depth charts in their respective positions. Mack is also in an optimal position to surpass his starter – 34-year-old Frank Gore – in the years to come, as Gore is the NFL’s oldest starting running back.

Offensive lineman Kofi Amichia, who was picked in the sixth round by the Green Bay Packers, was released during the teams final cuts last weekend and has not been picked up by another team.

Former USF quarterback B.J. Daniels, who was apart of the Falcons NFC championship team last season as a running back, was waived with an injury settlement by Atlanta in August.

Daniels, who had been nursing a groin injury that prevented him from playing in the Falcons' preseason, is now free to sign with another team.