Soccer welcomes fresh faces

Preparing to make a second consecutive run to the NCAA tournament, he USF mens soccer team will add several new additions to its roster after a solid 2012 recruiting period.

After winning the Big East regular season title, highlighted by becoming the first Big East team to go the entire conference season without a loss and making it to the Elite Eight of the NCAA tournament, the Bulls have added seven recruits.

Samuel Hosseini of Germany signed with the Bulls after a solid career at Tyler Junior College, the former home of current players Brenton Griffiths and Kyle Nicholls as well as former Bull Dom Dwyer.
Hosseini, a 6-foot-1-inch midfielder, will transfer to USF after leading Tyler Junior College to an 18-1-4 record in 2011.

The Bulls also picked up transfers Edwin Moalosi, a 5-foot-5-inch forward from Lincoln Junior College, Humberto Bertan, a 5-foot-6-inch forward from Davis and Elkins College and Juan Carlos Garcia, a 6-foot defender from Schoolcraft College.

The Bulls also got commitments from centerback Matthew ONeal of Callaway High School in Jackson, Miss., keeper Mike Mitchell of Braden River High School in Bradenton and defender Mario Mesen of Costa Rica.

We are extremely excited about the recruiting class that we signed, coach George Kiefer said in a press release. We feel that we have quality student-athletes both athletically as well as academically that will help us move our program toward our goal of winning a national championship.