USF entrepreneurship among best in nation
If entrepreneurs are the heart of the U.S. economy, then USF’s entrepreneurship program is getting the blood pumping, according to rankings released Tuesday.
The USF Center for Entrepreneurship graduate program was ranked No. 13 as one of the nation’s best overall entrepreneurship education programs by Entrepreneur magazine and the Princeton Review. This is the eighth consecutive year that the center has ranked in the top 25 nationally.
According to a press release, Michael Fountain, founding director of the Center for Entrepreneurship, said he believes the center’s success is due to its interdisciplinary approach, such as the Innovative Technology Challenge that allows students to take a product from prototype to commercial product.
“Entrepreneurship is not only about starting a business,” he said. “For students who want to work in the corporate world, our program helps foster the kind of thinking that ‘Intrapreneurs’ — people who think like entrepreneurs but work for traditional businesses — need to thrive,” Fountain said.
Other universities in the top 25 include Northwestern University, the University of Michigan and Syracuse University.
— Staff report
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- SG president still has shot at BOT seat
- Kheireddine hopes past connections help future goals
- Bulls lose Merrell and McClanahan, win series at Memphis
- Men’s and women’s tennis win AAC titles, clinch NCAA Tournament berth
- Despite common belief, Florida trails far from flat
- March for Science: We’re not going away
- Kheireddine and Kent officially sworn into office
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
- Why Yoga Relieves Stress, Improves Health and Balances...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum
- Dallas Regional Chamber Targets National Millennial Workforce with New Talent Attraction Campaign, Say Yes to Dallas