Busch Gardens offers student tickets

By Miki Shine, EDITOR IN CHIEF
On September 27, 2017

Busch Gardens is now offering discounted student tickets. SPECIAL TO THE ORACLE

Student Government (SG) announced a new deal with Busch Gardens for a student ticket.

This includes three options, one of which expires Oct. 30.

Previously, Busch Gardens offered students a $50 ticket for access to the park during fall and spring semester. This included black out dates and did not include parking. The park stopped offering this ticket in fall 2016 and cited lack of interest as the reason.

Shortly after the announcement, students voiced their opinion through a petition that received over 2,700 signatures and SG started negotiations with the park to create a new pass. This resulted in three new pass options available at a lower price for students.

One of the new tickets is $70 for access to Busch Gardens for the remainder of the school year — which means it expires at the end of April. This deal only includes access to the park and not special events, such as Howl-O-Scream. This ticket offer expires Oct. 30.

“When working with Busch Gardens, we decided mutually that we wanted the deal to have some weight to it,” Student Body President Moneer Kheireddine said. “We didn’t want to have students debating all year whether or not to buy it and we wanted the pass to feel special.”

Another is a full annual pass that is good for 12 months for $130. It doesn’t have black out dates and includes perks such as free parking, 10 percent off dining and shopping, and discounts to special events. The Busch Gardens Annual Pass usually costs $168.

The final ticket now available is $160 for both Busch Gardens and Adventure Island for 12 months — although Adventure Island is open seasonally. This doesn’t include black out dates and includes the same perks as the annual pass. The Busch Gardens and Adventure Island Annual Pass usually costs $192.