Student claiming robbery arrested for falsifying report

Fatou Gueye, 19

University Police (UP) arrested a female student early Wednesday evening for "false report of commission of crimes," according to a Hillsborough County Jail report.

Fatou Gueye, 19, reported to UP on Tuesday evening that two white men in their early 20s had followed her through the MLK Plaza toward the Interdisciplinary Science Building before attempting to engage her in conversation. They then grabbed her backpack, which caused her necklace to fall off, according to UP. She described one suspect as having shoulder-length blond hair and wearing a white shirt with khaki shorts, and the other as having blond hair and wearing gray sweatpants with a dark blue shirt, according to UP. Police reported that all of the victim's property was recovered at the scene.

UP said that during follow-up interviews, Gueye's story wasn't adding up and she later admitted she "falsely reported the crime and no robbery occurred."

Gueye is one of a group of four students who reported receiving threatening messages inside their residence hall on election night stating that if Democrat Hillary Clinton won there would be death, according to UP. Police are continuing to investigate the incident.

In an email sent out to the campus Thursday, the University Communications and Marketing department said, "initial details indicate that several of these incidents may have been fabricated."

Gueye posted $500 bond just after midnight, according to the jail report.