College of Business expected to receive another large donation

The year of 2015 is a good one for fundraising at USF.

After receiving record donations in the past year as part of the $1 billion Unstoppable campaign, the university announced Tuesday afternoon that another “significant announcement” will be made Thursday regarding the Muma College of Business.

Though the email from a university spokesperson did not provide much insight into to what the announcement will be, it stated the announcement will be made at 3:15 p.m. in the Muma College of Business Atrium, and will include USF President Judy Genshaft, USF Foundation CEO Joel Momberg and College of Business Dean Moez Limayem.

The email also referenced the previous donation from Pam and Les Muma in October, a $25 million gift to rename the college — the single largest individual gift in university history — and Lynn Pippenger in February, which was a $10 million donation renaming the School of Accountancy.

Before the series of donations for Tampa’s College of Business, entrepreneur Kate Tiedemann made the then-largest gift in school history by donating $10 million to rename USF St. Petersburg’s College of Business last September.

A more recent donation to the Unstoppable campaign was USF trustee and alumnus Jordan Zimmerman’s gift to rename the School of Advertising and Mass Communications in the College of Arts and Sciences.