College of Business expected to receive another large donation
The year of 2015 is a good one for fundraising at USF.
After receiving record donations in the past year as part of the $1 billion Unstoppable campaign, the university announced Tuesday afternoon that another “significant announcement” will be made Thursday regarding the Muma College of Business.
Though the email from a university spokesperson did not provide much insight into to what the announcement will be, it stated the announcement will be made at 3:15 p.m. in the Muma College of Business Atrium, and will include USF President Judy Genshaft, USF Foundation CEO Joel Momberg and College of Business Dean Moez Limayem.
The email also referenced the previous donation from Pam and Les Muma in October, a $25 million gift to rename the college — the single largest individual gift in university history — and Lynn Pippenger in February, which was a $10 million donation renaming the School of Accountancy.
Before the series of donations for Tampa’s College of Business, entrepreneur Kate Tiedemann made the then-largest gift in school history by donating $10 million to rename USF St. Petersburg’s College of Business last September.
A more recent donation to the Unstoppable campaign was USF trustee and alumnus Jordan Zimmerman’s gift to rename the School of Advertising and Mass Communications in the College of Arts and Sciences.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- SG president still has shot at BOT seat
- Kheireddine hopes past connections help future goals
- Bulls lose Merrell and McClanahan, win series at Memphis
- Men’s and women’s tennis win AAC titles, clinch NCAA Tournament berth
- Despite common belief, Florida trails far from flat
- March for Science: We’re not going away
- Kheireddine and Kent officially sworn into office
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
- Why Yoga Relieves Stress, Improves Health and Balances...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum
- Dallas Regional Chamber Targets National Millennial Workforce with New Talent Attraction Campaign, Say Yes to Dallas