College of Business expected to receive another large donation
The year of 2015 is a good one for fundraising at USF.
After receiving record donations in the past year as part of the $1 billion Unstoppable campaign, the university announced Tuesday afternoon that another “significant announcement” will be made Thursday regarding the Muma College of Business.
Though the email from a university spokesperson did not provide much insight into to what the announcement will be, it stated the announcement will be made at 3:15 p.m. in the Muma College of Business Atrium, and will include USF President Judy Genshaft, USF Foundation CEO Joel Momberg and College of Business Dean Moez Limayem.
The email also referenced the previous donation from Pam and Les Muma in October, a $25 million gift to rename the college — the single largest individual gift in university history — and Lynn Pippenger in February, which was a $10 million donation renaming the School of Accountancy.
Before the series of donations for Tampa’s College of Business, entrepreneur Kate Tiedemann made the then-largest gift in school history by donating $10 million to rename USF St. Petersburg’s College of Business last September.
A more recent donation to the Unstoppable campaign was USF trustee and alumnus Jordan Zimmerman’s gift to rename the School of Advertising and Mass Communications in the College of Arts and Sciences.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Author Yaa Gyasi shares her method of writing
- St. Pete Police looking for men alleged to have punched USF student
- USF hosts third annual Sports and Entertainment Analytics Conference
- USF baseball’s streak falls one short of record
- ‘Challenge of the perception’
- Local pub crawl mixes business and pleasure
- City needs to rethink answer to helping homeless
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards
- Investor Bitcoin Investment Plans Guarantee Zero Losses