USF prepares for ‘full return’ to in-person classes, on-campus activities in fall

President Steven Currall announced in a universitywide email Wednesday afternoon USF’s plans to “significantly” increase the number of in-person classes and on-campus events starting in the Summer B session. ORACLE PHOTO/LEDA ALVIM

In response to “increasingly encouraging public health data” around COVID-19, USF President Steven Currall announced in a universitywide email Wednesday afternoon that plans for a full return to “pre-COVID in-person” course delivery beginning fall 2021 are at full speed.

Currall said the university will “significantly” increase the number of in-person classes as well as student activities offered across campus starting in the Summer B session, set to begin June 28. He said on-campus housing will also be available for the summer semesters.

“In the coming weeks and months, we will actively work with employees and employee stakeholder groups to develop a flexible framework to safely return to in-person duties and responsibilities,” Currall said. 

“As we have done for many years, we will deliver an array of quality online classes for students who find them more convenient and to ensure access and progress to timely graduation.”

As registration for summer and fall classes approaches, Currall said the university will be releasing more updates in the coming months. Registration is set to open March 29 for all degree-seeking students.

This is a developing story. Stay with The Oracle for more updates.