Bulls travel to Memphis for first away series

USF will look to keep its hot-streak going as the Bulls travel out of Florida for the first time in 2018 for a three-game series at Memphis, Thursday through Saturday.

USF (25-13, 3-0) has won 18 of its last 19 games — the only loss coming at No. 4 Florida — including a three-game sweep of UConn to open conference play over the weekend. 

Freshman pitcher Georgina Corrick will likely see plenty of action over the weekend if her recent playing trends stay the same. She pitched a combined 10 innings against UConn, allowing no runs on only four hits. Corrick enters the weekend at 7-4 with a 1.36 ERA and a team-high five complete games.

The Tigers (25-8, 2-1) will enter the weekend on a three-game winning streak after sweeping a doubleheader against Alcorn State on Tuesday and taking the rubber match of a three-game weekend series against Wichita State on Sunday to open AAC play.

Molly Smith has led the way for the Tigers’ pitching staff. The senior from Yamhill, Oregon, has appeared in 23 of the 33 games for Memphis this season and has made a team-high 20 starts. Smith has posted a 14-3 record and the fourth lowest ERA in the AAC at 1.33, one spot below USF’s Cheyenne Eggens, who has a 1.25.

The series has the potential to have a fair amount of offensive firepower as well. Memphis and USF sit at first and second respectively in the AAC in batting average and runs scored. USF leads the conference in home runs at 31, while Memphis leads the AAC in total bases at 418 — edging out USF by one.

First pitch scheduled for 6 p.m. at Thursday