National Signing Day 2017

In his National Signing Day debut with USF, coach Charlie Strong has secured 10 signees early. ORACLE FILE PHOTO/JACKIE BENITEZ

12:10 p.m. USF snags another signee out of Armwood with 6-foot-3, 228-pound defensive lineman Jabreel Stephens putting on his USF hat at the school's ceremony this morning.

Stephens, a 3-star recruit, chose USF over Louisville and Florida Atlantic.

———————————————————————————————————————

11:00 a.m. By the 11 O'Clock hour, USF has inked nine new Bulls to open up the first National Signing Say of the Charlie Strong era.

The first faxes rolled in early this morning from a pair of big signees in the form of 6-foot-5, 201-pound tight end Frederick Lloyd and 6-foot-4, 285-pound offensive lineman Jean Marcellus.

Both 3-stars recruits, the duo kicked off the morning with more faxes following and the fax machine hasn’t stopped buzzing since.

The next few to roll in as the morning progressed included a pair of defensive lineman, Southeast High School’s Darrien Grant (3-star) and Booker High’s Kelvin Pinkley (2-star).

The latter, from Marlon Mack’s alma mater, boasts a 6-foot-4, 285-pound frame and looks to make an impact on the interior line.

USF also snagged trio of defensive backs from the Sunshine State.

Bentlee Sanders from Tampa Catholic, Nick Roberts from Oakleaf High and Mehki LaPointe from the Tampa powerhouse Armwood all got their letters in with sights on bolstering USF’s dwindling secondary.

Newly hired Strong is continuing former coach Willie Taggart’s quest to draw talent fro the bay area with three of the nine signees coming out of Tampa schools.

A full list of USF’s signees can be found here.

—Follow for updates on Twitter @JacobHoagUSF